Employing an Apprentice Direct
For companies employing apprentice direct.
AiGTS Apprentice Management System (AMS) is a unique system to manage and track progress in both 'on the job' and 'off the job' training. In addition the AMS provides mentoring and programs to identify 'at risk' apprentices throughout their training. The program can include apprentice supervision training for your staff. Companies can implement the AMS system to suit individual company requirements The heart of the AiGTS AMS is the following publications
- The Apprentice Handbook
- The Competency Progression Record
These publications can be personalised and licensed for a company participating in the program.
Why use an External Company to Manage your Apprentices?
The employment and management of apprentices in today’s environment can be a demanding and perceived non productive task for an organisation. This often leads to organisations not investing in the training of their future workforce.
The AiGTS Apprentice Management System will provide the mechanism to respond to these identified needs.
Over the last few years the quantity and complexity of apprentice paperwork and administration has increased significantly. Meeting compliance with the Training Contract and ensuring the apprentice is receiving the correct training can be a significant burden to organisations.
AiGTS, as a significant employer of apprentices, has experienced field and administrative staff who will ensure all Training Contract matters and compliance standards are met and, on time, throughout the period of the apprenticeship program.
Services Provided by AiGTS AiGTS will appoint a dedicated Employment and Training Consultant (Field Officer) to work in conjunction with your company.
Specific activities can include:
- Advertise apprentice positions
- Aptitude test applicants
- Short list for interviews
- Advise unsuccessful applicants
- Organise medicals
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Provide apprentice supervisor training
- Provide OH&S Program for apprentices
- Manage PPE for apprentices
- Provide specialised training for apprentice’s e.g. Manual handling, working at heights
- Organise Company induction
- Prepare Training Contract
- Manage apprentice tool arrangements
- Manage AAC sign up requirements
- Enrol apprentice in TAFE
- Consult with company staff re units of competency for selected trade
- Prepare Training Plan
- Monitor 'Tools for Your Trade Initiative' throughout the apprenticeship for the apprentice
- Prior to completion of probationary period provide individual apprentice progression suitability reports to Company Apprentice Coordinator
- Monitor apprentice progress and comprehension at TAFE
- Monitor attendance at TAFE
- Provide Risk Management Profile for 'at risk' apprentices
- Provide mentoring service to apprentices
- Performance progress reports and frequency required
- Facilitate rotation within Company structure or with external source and frequency required
- Monitor and facilitate Competency Based Progression
- Assist Company claim all Commonwealth and State incentives
- Provide Company with up to date information re apprenticeships in each State and Federal jurisdictions
- Liaise with Government agencies re cancellations and suspensions
- Develop a visitation schedule and frequency required.
- National apprentice progress report to Company Apprentice Coordinator and frequency required.
- Provide assistance with Company Internal Apprentice Awards
- Promote company apprentices for external awards eg. National Training Awards, Service Awards
- Promote and manage company apprentices for World Skill competition
- Promote and manage an Australian School-based Apprenticeship (ASBA) program
What Does It Cost?
Very little…when you take into account the cost of your time and the impact on your business resources to perform the above functions, AiGTS will actually save you time and money – whilst providing your business with access to a valuable resource.
We are able to offer to your organisation the opportunity of an experienced team to manage your new and existing apprentices through the period of their apprenticeship. Under this arrangement your organisation will employ and train the apprentice, AiGTS will manage the program.