Smart employers are investing in new ways to attract & supply industry with future tradesmen & employable staff.
Australian Industry Group Training Services (AiGTS) offer school-based apprenticeships/traineeships in Engineering, Automotive and Business.
Our existing Host Companies and participating schools are combined to provide an opportunity for our young school leavers to obtain ‘real world’ employability skills as they launch themselves from classroom to the workforce and earn and learn while they complete their final years of school.
Duration of most school based apprenticeships is approximately two years. School-based apprentices are only paid for the productive time spent in the workplace (normally 1 day a week) or outside normal school hours with flexibility to work during school holidays.
As part of our services to Host Employers, AiGTS will:
· work closely with participating career advisers in preparing and selecting students for AiGTS interviews.
· assist workplaces select a suitable secondary school student who has proven to the school and to AiGTS to be ‘work ready’ and committed to integrate an apprenticeship as part of their final program of school study.
· employ the student on behalf of your workplace for the duration of the apprenticeship.
· provide OHS & Employment Conditions Induction Programs
· administer WorkCover, pays, registrations/enrolments
· guarantee regular monitoring and mentoring visits.
AiGTS will determine a suitable qualification to suit the student and the needs of your business.
Here are a few points to assist your business determine a need for a school-based apprenticeship:
- what section of your business will benefit from utilizing an additional staff member (school based apprenticeship) who will be trained by you on the job and by a local Training Provider (eg. TAFE)?
- do you know someone who may be suitable?
- what supervision and mentoring can you provide to the staff person (new apprentice)?
- what future prospects are there for the staff person (new apprentice) once qualification has been obtained?
If you are a business or school and would like to discuss the ASBA Program in your local area please contact AiGTS today on 1300 761 944.